January 30, 2006

Road Trip!

I don't mind driving. I really don't. I do it for a living at 2 different jobs. But I'll tell you, doing more than 1,000 miles in about 48 hours is no fun. San Jose to Dodge Ridge on a Monday, about 3 and a half hours. Stay for 4 more days then Dodge Ridge to San Jose, sleep a few hours then to Hollister to L.A. (sleep a bit) to Visalia, to Hollister to San Jose and I've pretty much killed any desire to go anywhere. Today I woke up late, never got dressed, was a TV vegetable, ate way too many carbs and will probably go to bed early.

I remember as a pre-teen I wanted to be a long haul trucker. Get paid to see the whole country. If there was any inkling of that desire left in me, it may very well have died this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.