February 15, 2011

Mobile Blogger Post

I just downloaded the official version of Blogger for Android and thought I would take it for a spin.

I'm on my luchbreak hogging the wi fi at Starbucks and pondering the increasing speed at which technology is changing the way we live our lives. That sounds like a strong statement but is certainly backed by truth.

A brief year ago I would need to be sitting at home on my computer to post to my blog. While there were ways to post by text message they were rudimentary and lacking functions. Here I am seated (albeit uncomfortable) in a Starbucks writing a blog post from my phone. Certainly not a Silicon Valley first. For me it is light years ahead of previous methods. Who knows, this may lead to posting more often than biannually. I must admit my blogging has suffered quite a bit at the hands of Facebook. The short status update was easier to do than write a tome of unkown origin or destination.

Facebook was simply a lazy way to "interact". I think I became more of a lurker than anything. I would read most friends status updates and just move on to the next. Voyeurism I suppose. Leaving a comment or a "like" would require some amount of effort with possibly a needed follow up. I guess I'm just not that interested. My own life has it's own myriad of intricacies. Why would I want to be subjected to more, let alone someone elses.

Boy does that make me sound shallow. I think there are a lot of folks who can relate to the general idea but don't nessecarily publicize it. I guess the saying is true..."give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves".

3 comments:

  1. Can you post a pic that you've taken with the smart phone? And, your last two posts showed up as email in my box, which is OK, just more of an FYI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually all of my most recent posts with pictures have been taken with my phone. You got my posts as an email because I put you on my "mailing list". I didn't figure you would mind since I only post biennially (practically).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't mind. I wasn't sure you knew.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.