February 23, 2006

Redesign and a little rambling (actually alot)

I got a bit bored with my previous template so i decided to try this one for awhile. It's actually more effort than I had hoped. It might remain like this for longer than I anticipated. All of the customization has to be methodically pasted and previewed for aesthetic quality of course. I had to use a new template on my buddy Joe's blog because there was some glitch messing up the sidebar formatting. I guess that inspired me to redesign my own. I do get the stink eye from my wife when I'm sitting in front of the computer for an excessive amount of time. Especially when there is painting and yardwork on the day's agenda!

In fact just yesterday I determined that I was not 20 years younger than I actually am. What I mean by that is I did some physically demanding work (the type I have not done for a long time). After I finished I had the sensation of having been hit by a bus and dragged a few hundred yards down the road.

I did this type of work all the time years ago. After leaving the military I worked for a plumbing contractor and a general contractor. Lots of hard work. Good work. There is definitely a distinct sense of accomplishment working with your hands, building things, creating. I think some of the most satisfying work I've done has been in the construction trades. Granted some types of construction jobs are much better (more satisfying) than others. For example, the laborer position is less fulfilling than the finish carpenter. I suppose this is rather self explanatory and boring. But you get the drift, anyway.

How this post went from blog redesign to construction worker is one of those wonders of blogdom. Fortunately I don't have to rely on this hobby to pay the bills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.