September 21, 2008

Here We Go Again

Muslims asking for preferential treatment. Fortunately JBS Swift & Co. had the stones to fire them. When you get hired for a job, you understand the hours that you will be working. My company doesn't pay me for my lunch, why on earth would they pay me for a prayer break at sundown! Here's the link to the article.

I've been at my job for 21 years and have arranged my personal religious holidays and events around my work schedule. Six months out of the year I don't attend church services because I have to work on Sunday. I don't walk out in protest. I understand that this is the configuration of my job and I make do.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, why didn't you TELL ME you blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey Cow, something we agree on. I linked to you and linked to the article with comment.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.