January 09, 2007

I Need a New Job.....

....because this one's gonna kill me. Between the back pain, tendonitis, crazy hours and lack of sleep, I'm going to be pushing up daisies long before my time. Anyone have a sweet, low impact, non aerobic, cranial type position they need filled?

I was off for a couple of months on an injury. During that period of time I was able to see how real folks lived. Get up after the sun comes up, go to bed after it goes down. Those are a couple of the basic necessities of life that I don't get to do very often. Because of the type of job I have, it requires that I start work just after 1:00 am every day. These hours are not condusive to reasonable human activity. I've done this work just shy of two decades and it just doesn't get easier. While I'm griping, I might as well complain about the lack of any type of social life. Since my alarm goes off around midnight, those casual evening get togethers with friends and family are either cut short or skipped all-together. I'm generally going to bed before the pre-teens in the neighborhood and leaving for work while the unemployed neighbors are still partying on the porch.

I think that's probably enough complaining for one post. I should be grateful that I have a job. I could be like my unemployed neighbors, partying all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.