May 19, 2007

A Chance Encounter and Joe Saves the Day

I don't normally get down to the plant, especially when my buddy Joe is still working (or does he really work at all?). I had to take the loaner car back and pick up the regular car. My swing man didn't fuel up the loaner car because there is no gas card in it, only a card that can be used for fueling at the plant. I didn't figure it was a problem since I had enough gas to get there. My regular car needed gas as well. However, the gas card was missing from the visor and I was stumped as to how I was going to get gas since I had already dropped the keys for the loaner car in "the box". Along comes Joe to save the day. He had no idea that he would be saving any days, though. He unlocked the transportation office and found the "red" fuel card that allows fueling any vehicle. The gas cards that are in the cars are specifically assigned to the ones they reside in. I got my full tank of gas, a mini reunion, and the papers we needed for the carrier shortage. A veritable tri-fecta!

Joe and I talked for awhile about our blogging and his scooter rides and the scenery pictures he posts from his rides. We don't usually get to do the face to face. Normally we swap comments on postings or the random email. It was good to have a real conversation and not just a few pecked words on a keyboard.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I saved Todd from pushing the car and busted his chops a bit as well. I've said this on my blog as well, but its a good thing that we can be pals and not let our vast philosopical differences interfere in a nice visit. Butt Kissing Now Over.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.