January 23, 2005

Reality Strikes

My wife's Aunt died Friday night 1/21/05. She had been ill with cancer and general degradation of health for several years. It was still a shock to hear the news, though. I don't believe anyone thought that she was down to the last few moments recently. She was in her 80's I believe. She lived a lot and lived hard at times. She always had a joke (or 3) to tell and a smile on her face. Was a whiz at poker and blackjack. We last saw her I believe over the summer in her assisted living facility. She seemed to be doing as well as could be expected. I think that kind of living could wear down your will to continue. Alone in your room except for meals. Maybe if your lucky a relative comes to see you. Is that what we have to look forward to? We are going to her memorial service in the central valley next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.