October 29, 2008

It's Only A Matter Of Time

My job for the last 22 years has been in the print media. Specifically circulation. While the circulation of the paper I work for has declined exponentially over the last few years, it remains afloat through a series of sales/mergers/acquisitions. There has been an increased effort to promote the "eEdition", an online version of the paper that looks identical to the print version. The difference being you can click on links such as advertising or articles or you can download coupons, etc. This "eEdition" is just another step in the progression away from a "manufactured" product distributed by employees and contractors. The Christian Science Monitor has announced that they will no longer print their daily newspaper and become an online only publication. This does not bode well for my future in this line of work.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what to say about that, honestly. I know this--we're moving forward at WAY too fast a rate for any sort of healthy race. But hey, who am I to say? I still use a shaving brush. *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.