June 13, 2007

Yahoo Mail Stabs Me in the Back

My world is crashing in on me. I have been a faithful user of Yahoo! mail for around ten years now. I enjoy the ease of use and the compatibility with other Yahoo! products. The price is just right, too! (zero)

I logged on today and was greeting with a big, fat, stinking banner ad taking up 25% of my message window and clickable links using nearly 50% of my folder view window. They were also kind enough to integrate Yahoo! messenger (I don't chat, period) into my mail interface and automatically sign me in when I log into my mail.

What have I done to tick these people off? Why would they kick me in the groin and stab me in the back as I fell to the ground? I was always very impressed with their spam filters. I rarely had spam slip through into my inbox. I was pleased....happy.... content.... Now I am so mad I can't see straight. I have a Gmail account but have never used it because I'm not real happy with the functionality. I have so much time and effort invested in Yahoo! products that it will be monumental to make a move.

Just last month I was informed that Yahoo! photos was going away because Flickr is where it's at. O.K, I guess I can deal with that. I'll start migrating my pictures to Flickr. Suck it up, bite the bullet...

Oh, and did we mention that there is a limit of 200 pictures for the "free" version? You can subscribe and get unlimited storage! Yay! I found that out when I got to my 200 picture limit after several hours of uploading, transferring, renaming, tagging, etc. Oh yeah, and did we tell you that we might sell ourselves to Microsoft? Great, the devil incarnate will own the entire world and my 200 picture limit. The more I type the more angry I get! I need some duct tape, my head feels like it's going to explode!

And in closing...bite me Yahoo!...I'm outta here!

1 comment:

  1. I too use Yahoo for my mail and I didn't notice anything different when I logged on today. Maybe I've always had that much ad space and just didn't know any better. Hell, Todd, its free! Beggars can't be choosers.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to have some form of reaction/response to my posts. Caustic or otherwise.